The 2013 budget promises to be another difficult one, but residents will have plenty of opportunity to weigh in on the document in coming months.
Here is the just-published list of key dates for the 2013 budget process:
- October 17: Executive budget review, providing a chance for City Council members and citizens to take a more detailed dive into the budget with department heads. Time: 6 p.m.
- October 24: Additional budget review (if necessary). Time: 6 p.m.
- November 1: Budget published.
- November 26: Budget public hearing. Time: 6 p.m.
- November 27: City Council meeting to adopt budget. Time: 6 p.m.
Here is a PDF listing those meeting dates.
Of course, I’ll keep you posted on the budget process as it unfolds.