I love Christmas … and I love Christmas in South Milwaukee.
And that starts with all the special events happening around town. Here’s a roundup, and I apologize ahead of time for missing any …
- Saturday, Nov. 23: South Milwaukee Chamber of Commerce Tree Lighting. Stop by from 3:30 to 5 p.m. for a visit with Santa, music, hot drinks and more at Heritage Park on 10th and Milwaukee Avenues. Learn more here.
- Saturday, Nov. 30: South Milwaukee Christmas Market. The indoor version of the Downtown Market returns to South Milwaukee High School with more than 70 vendors selling arts, crafts, baked goods, prepared foods and more. Hours are 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Live holiday music is also scheduled. Learn more here … and on the market’s Facebook page.
- Sunday, Dec. 1: South Milwaukee Christmas Parade and Old Fashioned Christmas. The traditional South Milwaukee Christmas celebration begins with the Lions’ Christmas Parade starting at 12:30 p.m. at 12th and Milwaukee, continuing west on Milwaukee, then south on 15th Avenue to City Hall. Following the parade, enjoy all the festivities at City Hall, including pictures with Santa, arts and crafts, food and more. The city Christmas tree is lit at 5 p.m.
- Sunday, Dec. 8: Pancake Breakfast with Santa. Stop by the American Legion Post 27 from 8:30 a.m. to noon for breakfast and pictures with Santa. Adults are $4, children 6-12 are $3 and those under 5 are free. The post is at 920 Monroe Ave. Also, the Milwaukee Circle Choir is playing at 3:30 p.m. at Sts. Peter and Paul Church, 1308 15th Ave. Admission is free. Learn more about the concert here.
- Thursday, Dec. 12: Calmus Christmas A Cappella. The South Milwaukee Performing Arts Center continues to bring in terrific acts. This Christmas season, it’s Calmus, a German quintet that has drawn raves worldwide. The group will perform traditional and contemporary favorites. Learn more here.
- Friday, Dec. 13: Cantare Chorale concert. The chorus brings its “Songs of the Season” performance to the South Milwaukee Performing Arts Center for a show starting at 7:30 p.m. Learn more here.
- Saturday, Dec. 14, and Sunday, Dec. 15: Ye Old Christmas Feaste. This tradition of 35 years will be held on Saturday, Dec. 14, and Sunday, Dec. 15, at the high school. This three-hour event magically transports you to 15th century England for Christmas merriment with a seven-course meal, featuring a new menu this year. Pre-dinner music starts 4:30 p.m., and dinner is served at 5. Cost is $30 per person or $150 for a table of six. For more information, click here or call the high school at 766-5100.
And merry Christmas!