From the South Milwaukee School District …
ROCKET GIRLS’ SWIM & DIVE
On Saturday another school record was broken, this time it was the diving record for 11 dives by Allison Osell (10)! Andrea Andreska held the previous record for 11 dives at 346.2 and Ally broke it with a 347.15. Congratulations Ally!!!
Wednesday is Culver’s Day for the Rocket Swim and Dive Team so if you can, please stop in at Culver’s and help support the Rockets!
Friday and Saturday the Girls Swim & Dive team competed in South Side Sprints in West Allis, The team took 4th out of 8 teams.
On Friday night Allison Osell took 5th out of 16 divers with a score of 320.45.
- 200yd Medley Relay team of Bocek, Z. Bellis, N. Swanson, T. Halama took 5th.
- 50yd Freestyle Zoe Bellis took 3rd with a time of 27.07.
- 25 Freestyle Alexis Holliday took 4th and Natalie Swanson took 5th.
- 200yd Freestyle Relay team of Swanson, T. Halama, A. Holliday, Z. Bellis took 4th.
- 50yd Backstroke Mackenzie Thayer took 3rd with a time of 33.51 and Haille Bocek took 5th with a time of 33.75.
- 50yd Breaststroke Zoe Bellis took 5th with a time of 35.84.
- 100yd Freestyle Relay team of Thayer, H. Bocek, K. Mildebrandt, A. Holliday took 3rd.
The Rockets fell last Friday to Greendale 42-7 to go to 8-1 on the season. The Rockets showed they were right there with the Panthers through the first half of the game, but a couple of plays made the difference in the second half against the #1 ranked team in the state as the Panthers broke it open. With that loss the Rockets ended up earning the #3 seed in their D2 bracket and a home game this Friday at 7:00pm at Spaltholz Field against the #6 seed Waterford (6-3 regular season record). Please come out and support the Rockets in their first playoff game. There isn’t a team in Division 2 that they cannot beat! Let’s hear that support loud and strong on Friday!
Friday, October 24
#6 Waterford @ #3 South Milwaukee
Tickets are $4 for all spectators over the age of 6. Tickets are $1 for those under 6. NO PASSES are accepted for playoff games.
ROCKET CROSS COUNTRY
The Rockets competed in the Woodland Conference meet last weekend, and we are still not sure what place the boys took in the race. Pewaukee won with 61 pts, followed by Shorewood with 64 and SM with 65, but due to a scoring discrepancy, we are hoping that they will be in 2nd place by only 1 pt perhaps!!! The Rocket Girls’ CC team took 4th overall out of 12 teams.
- Josh Janusiak took 2nd overall in the boys’ race and Maddie Wood took 3rd overall in the girls’ race!
- Jordan Janusiak took 5th
- Justin Weber took 8th
- Chris Sobczak took 9th
- Becca Heller took 8th
- Sam Meszaros took 14th
FIRST TEAM ALL-CONFERENCE
- Josh Janusiak (12)
- Jordan Janusiak (9)
- Justin Weber (11)
- Maddie Wood (10)
- Becca Heller (11)
SECOND TEAM ALL-CONFERENCE
- Chris Sobczak (10)
- Sam Meszaros (12)
Congratulations to all of the Rocket runners! Next up is the Rocket JV CC meet at Grant Park on Thursday starting at 4:00pm in picnic areas 5 & 6. We are expecting over 720 runners to compete!
On Saturday, the Rockets will be running in the WIAA Sectionals at Mitchell Park in Brookfield.
Saturday, October 25
WIAA Sectional CC Races
- 11:00am Boys’ Sectional Race
- 11:45am Girls’ Sectional Race
- Location: Mitchell Park in Brookfield
- Mitchell Park is located one block east of Barker Road, just south of Capital Drive.
- From Highway 45 or from the north, take Capital Drive to Mitchell Park Blvd. Turn
- south on Mitchell Park Blvd.
- From Highway 94 take Barker Road north to River Road. Turn east on River Road to Mitchell Park Blvd. Turn left.
ROCKET MARCHING BAND
On Saturday the Rocket Marching Band finished in 8th place in their division at WSMA State Competition. While the judges might not have scored them as high as they had hoped, the crowd certainly approved of their performance and reacted with great cheering for the Rockets.
ROCKET GIRLS’ VOLLEYBALL
The Rockets travel to West Allis Hale HS tomorrow to take on the Huskies in the WIAA Regional opener. Tickets are $4 for all spectators.
Thursday, October 23
WIAA Regional Girls’ VB
South Milwaukee @ West Allis Hale
ROCKET BOYS’ VOLLEYBALL
The Rockets travel to Pius XI High School today to play in the Woodland Conference Boys’ Volleyball Tournament starting at 5:00pm. Tickets are $4 for adults and $2 for seniors and students 5 and older.
Best of luck Rockets!
ROCKET BOYS SOCCER
The Rockets season finished last Tuesday at Whitefish Bay in the WIAA Regional opener against a very good Blue Dukes team. Last week the Rockets had perhaps their most exciting match in recent memory. With a spirited crowd, the Rockets fought back from a 5-2 deficit against Brown Deer to win 6-5. Issey Valadez (11) had a goal, Adam Klosiewski (12) had 2 goals and Armend Kamberi (12) had 3 goals including the gamewinning penalty kick. Ryan Graber (11) had some tremendous saves in goal for the Rockets as well.
FALL SPORTS AWARDS
The Fall Sports Awards Program will be held on Monday, November 10th in the PAC. Letters were just mailed out to parents with the information.