There was an overnight fire at Spirits Bar and Grill in downtown South Milwaukee.
No injuries were reported, and the upstairs tenants were evacuated from the property at 922 Milwaukee Ave.
The fire was reported around 4 a.m.
Learn more from TMJ4.com. From the story:
TODAY’S TMJ4′s Melissa McCrady reports that the fire began inside the bar.
Bret Schultz, who lives above the bar, told McCrady that a cleaning lady was working inside the restaurant when she heard what was described as a popping sound.
The fire then broke out in a back room. She called 911. South Milwaukee Police banged on Schultz’s door to get him out.
“I was asleep. There was a bang on my door. I woke up and there was smoke in my bedroom,” said Schultz.
I’ll keep you posted when I learn more.