Check out these South Shore headlines, including reports from police that a South Milwaukee man struck and killed two bicyclists in Muskego this morning …
- Two Bicyclists Killed In Muskego Crash (Fox 6) — also coverage from the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, and WISN
- Cudahy Weighs Moving Gun Club Over Environmental Concerns (TMJ4)
- St. Francis Apartments Plans Shifts To New Lakefront Site (Journal Sentinel)
- BBB Warns Customers About Online Auto Parts Dealer In Cudahy (Business Journal)
- No Threat To Safety Of Students After Rumors Something Could Happen At Oak Creek H.S. (Fox 6)
NOW has published a new police blotter, and here is coverage of a fire at an Oak Creek landscaping company on Wednesday. South Milwaukee firefighters were among the early responders, and here is the narrative from South Milwaukee Fire Chief Joe Knitter …
At approximately 3:42 this morning, the SMFD ladder truck and Chief responded to the city of Oak Creek for the report of a fully involved building at 1720 West Elm Road. Upon the arrival of the OCFD units, they encountered an approximately 4,000 square foot building belonging to Hickory Landscaping that was, in fact, fully involved in fire. Complicating matters was the physical location of the building which was located over 2,000’ from the closest fire hydrant. 5” large diameter hose was layed out the entire distance from 13th Street to the fire. In addition, extra precautions were taken due to the unknown contents of the building which, considering the type of business, could have contained fertilizers, pesticides and other hazardous substances. No injuries were reported and the cause is still under investigation.