I love our small local businesses in South Milwaukee, and this week we’re celebrating dozens of them.
First, on Thursday, C3 Designs, the new jeweler at 2110 10th Ave., is holding a Ladies Night from 4 to 7 p.m.. Free gifts for the first 50 women who attend, and a costume contest is also planned. Also, Mari’s Flowers, the new flower shop at 905 Milwaukee Ave., is holding a wine tasting and special sale from 4:30 to 7 p.m.
On Friday, Zombie House opens at Milwaukee Gourmet House, 800 Milwaukee Ave. Stop by and enjoy hayrides, treats, zombie face painting, raffles, giveaways and more at this event presented by the South Milwaukee Lions and Friends of the Mill Pond and Oak Creek Watercourse.
Saturday will be nonstop.
- First, stop by the new American Family Insurance insurance office at 2605 S. Chicago Ave. for an open house and Halloween event. Hours are 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Check out the flyer image for more information.
- Then, at 10 a.m., visit Mari’s for a ribbon cutting.
- And, at 11 a.m., head down the block to Parkway Floral, 1001 Milwaukee Ave., for my Meet the Mayor session. I’ll be there until 1 p.m., and stop by anytime to ask about the Nov. 7 public safety referendum or any other local topic you see fit, or just to say hi. Thanks to Leah and the gang for hosting me.
- Then, from 2 to 5 p.m., it’s Downtown South Milwaukee Trick-or-Treat Scavenger Hunt, presented by Lovenote Photos. Julie has done a terrific job rounding up 45 downtown businesses to take in this terrific annual event. Learn more, and see all participating businesses, on the event Facebook page.
- And from 2 to 7 p.m., it’s day two of Zombie House.
More details on the Rocketober events on that Facebook page. Should be quite a week!