Updated at 2:07 p.m. on Wednesday, Jan. 30.
- All local schools are closed on Wednesday and Thursday, as well as Fitness Center and Recreation Department events. More details on South Milwaukee public schools here.
- Advanced Disposal ran into some cold-weather related issues with their equipment, and may have missed areas today. For anyone missed, Advanced Disposal will be picking up again on the next scheduled pick-up day. Thursday’s pick-up is still scheduled as usual. For questions on recycling, Advanced Disposal can be reached at (262) 679-0860.
- A reminder from the Street Department: Please keep your garbage and recycling carts in an area that is free of snow with at least 4 feet of clearance on each side of the cart.
- A water main break was reported Wednesday afternoon near Willow and Elm. Report main breaks and other frozen pipe/water issues to 414-768-8070; there is also an after-hours reporting option.
- The Grobschmidt Senior Center and Milwaukee County Meal Site program are CLOSED Wednesday and Thursday.
- City Hall will be OPEN regular business hours of 7:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- South Milwaukee Library will be OPEN. However, their hours of operation will be 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m., and the facility will be a warming site during those hours.
- All other City services will be as usual barring any unforeseen issues.
- If you or anyone you know is in need of shelter, please call 211.
For cold weather tips, visit here.