These new two weekends are what make South Milwaukee so special. So many activities and events … I love it!
And it starts tonight (Thursday, Oct. 17) with 6 p.m. talk called “Remembering Continental Faience and Tile Co.”
Artist, author and historian Ben Tyjeski will tell the story of this former, influential South Milwaukee company, as he completes his book on the subject. Join us at City Hall!
Here is what’s coming up this weekend alone …
THURSDAY, OCTOBER 17
- 6 p.m. “Remembering Continental Faience and Tile Co.” Artist, author and historian Ben Tyjeski tells the story of this former, influential South Milwaukee company, as he completes his book on the subject. City Hall.
FRIDAY, OCTOBER 18
- 7 p.m. South Milwaukee football at New Berlin West (Woodland crossover).
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 19
- 9 a.m. Downtown Decorating! Help the Beautification Committee hang corn stalks on 10th Avenue light poles. Meet at Tri-City Plaza, and bring family and friends.
- 1 p.m. Fall Color Walk. Join the South Milwaukee and St. Francis mayors on a walk through Grant Park’s 7 Bridges. Meet at the Brown Pavilion/Picnic Area 5. Presented by the South Milwaukee/St. Francis Health Department.
- 4-6:30 p.m. Chili for Charity. Enjoy a chili dinner at the Grobschmidt Senior Center, with all proceeds benefitting South Milwaukee Human Concerns. Adults $8, Children $5, and includes chili, drink, bread, salad and dessert.
- 5-9 p.m. South Milwaukee Art Walk: Monsters on Milwaukee Avenue. Check out downtown merchants for shopping, art, music, food and drink. After party at Moran’s Pub. Presented by South Milwaukee Art Collective.
- 6:30 p.m. Rocktoberfest. Annual South Milwaukee Football Boosters beer tasting at Pat’s Oak Manor. Admission is $25 and includes a glass, tastings, food and raffle.
- 7:30 p.m. “I Am … He Said.” Matt Vee Family and Friends Celebrate the Music of Neil Diamond. South Milwaukee PAC.