“Some Good News” is plentiful around South Milwaukee these days. Here is a sampling, inspired by John Krasinki’s SGN. Episode four just dropped.
- Chris McIntosh is home!
- Teachers and staff from local elementary schools are parading in the streets, saying hello to their students. I had a chance to check out the E.W. Luther parade on Monday — awesome.
- The South Milwaukee Human Concerns fundraiser has topped $8,400 … let’s get it past $10,000! More details here.
- And don’t forget about the in-person donation dropoff from noon to 6 p.m. on April 29 at the high school. Details here.
- We also had a chance to thank our dispatchers last week, which you can see in the images with this story. I’m proud to recognize these too often unsung employees, whose importance is only magnified during times like this. Thank you!
- The South Milwaukee Library is opening curbside checkout soon, more details to come. Very happy to see that. Follow their Facebook page for updates, and other fun virtual offerings.
And keep the mask donations coming! A thanks this week to St. Thomas More High School (my alma mater). From the South Milwaukee Police Department: “As our first responders work to keep everyone safe, there are teachers who are providing us with much needed protective equipment. These masks and 3D printed clips were made and donated to our officers. Please join us in a heartfelt thank you to Ms. B and Ms. Pirkl of St. Thomas More High School for being so generous with their time and talent!”
And a shoutout to all of the beautiful heart artists around town. The school district posted dozens of pictures of them last week.