There will be competition for two South Milwaukee School Board seats and the South Milwaukee Common Council’s Second District this spring.
Candidate paperwork to get on the ballot was due on Tuesday.
Here are the local candidates who will be on the ballot on April 6 (no primary in these races) …
South Milwaukee School Board (two seats; three-year terms)
- Incumbents David Maass and Jon Shelenske and challengers Steven Champagne and Angie DeFord
South Milwaukee Common Council (two seats per district; three-year terms)
- First District: Incumbents Brett Breisemeister and Craig Maass
- Second District: Incumbents R. Patrick Stoner and Ramon Navarro, and challenger Tim Backes
- Third District: Incumbents Joseph Bukowski and Lisa Pieper
- Fourth District: Incumbents David Bartoshevich and Peggy Clark