Here is the survey link.
From the South Milwaukee Police Department …
At 1:30am on Thursday, August 15th, shots were fired in South Milwaukee, near the intersection of 10th and Milwaukee. We believe the shots were fired during a confrontation between two adult men but based on our initial investigation we do not believe anyone was struck by gunfire. We are continuing to investigate the incident and ask that anyone with information contact the South Milwaukee Police Department at 414-768-8060.
Check out these South Milwaukee and South Shore headlines …
- Avoid Swimming in Lake Michigan as Dangerous Waves, Life-Threatening Currents Pound Beaches, Weather Service Says (Milwaukee Journal Sentinel)
- “It’s Really Hard:” Sister, Girlfriend Speak Out After Swimmer’s Body Recovered at Warnimont Park (Fox 6)
- Cop on a Rooftop Raising Money for Special Olympics Wisconsin (WBAY)
- Former Cudahy Mayor John Hohenfeldt Pleads Guilty in Forgery Case, Sentenced to 30 Days in Jail (NOW)
- Sikh Temple Shooting Anniversary Inspires Diversity Celebration (NOW)
- Caterpillar July Retail Sales up 4%, Resources Industries Peak (Yahoo! Finance)
From the press release …
The Bucyrus Foundation and City of South Milwaukee are proud to announce recipients of the 2019 Bucyrus Foundation Community Grants.
The program was announced earlier this year, with the Bucyrus Foundation pledging $25,000 in support to nonprofit organizations that improve the quality of life of residents in the city, or help attract new visitors, residents or businesses to South Milwaukee.
- American Legion Post 27
- Bucyrus Oldtimers Association
- City of South Milwaukee July 4th event
- City of South Milwaukee Beautification Committee
- Friends of Grant Park
- South Milwaukee Heritage Days Parade Foundation
- South Milwaukee High School Theatre Company
- South Milwaukee Human Concerns
- South Milwaukee Industrial Museum
- South Milwaukee Performing Arts Council
Said Mayor Erik Brooks: “These are important and necessary investments that will make a real difference for a number of vital community organizations, programs and events. I am grateful the Bucyrus Foundation has stepped up to support these institutions.”
Said former Bucyrus CEO and Foundation Chairman Tim Sullivan: “The Bucyrus Foundation and I are thrilled to fund these South Milwaukee organizations. These grants reflect the commitment Bucyrus and our employees had in passionately supporting community organizations.”