The South Milwaukee Chamber of Commerce held its annual spring social and awards banquet last week, and I was proud to be named Ambassador of the Year.
Congratulations to all of the winners, and big thank you to the Chamber for all it does to unite the business community in South Milwaukee.
Here is the full list of winners …
- Business of the Year Golden Key Award: MJ Media LLC. Active participation in the Chamber, involvement in the community and events held in it and an active interest in the development of the business community in the City of South Milwaukee.
- Pride in Premises Award: The Azteca Restaurant. Must be an established business and located in the City of South Milwaukee. The overall appearance should be considered – decorations, plantings, the building’s interior and exteriors, renovations made to the building, cleanliness, lack of graffiti, refuse. The business should be an improvement in our business districts.
- V.I.P Award (Volunteer in Partnership): John Haslam. Demonstrates involvement, in time commitments or monetary value, in a project that benefits the school or community.
- Ambassador of the Year Award: Erik Brooks. Candidate who makes other members feel welcome, spreads goodwill within the Chamber, supports and encourages new members and carries the spirit of the Chamber into the community.
- Rookie of the Year Award: Chad Piechocki. Candidate is a newer member that demonstrates enthusiasm and active involvement in the Chamber as an officer and or Chamber activities.
- Dedicated Service: Bryan Lorentzen. Candidate demonstrates outstanding dedication and service for the South Milwaukee Chamber of Commerce.