I’m seeking a third term as Fourth District alderman, and I humbly ask for your support.
Why? Because there is so much work left to do … and I am as energized as ever to do it.
- I am proud of what we’ve done to help keep taxes and spending increases low, supporting sensible and conservative budgets each of my three-plus years in office. But budgeting won’t get any easier in coming years. And I look forward to doing what I can to preserve our first-class city services while being a trusted steward of taxpayer dollars.
- I am proud of the investments we’ve made in our infrastructure, including significant investments in flood-control and road projects in the Fourth District. But there’s more work to do and more investments to make. And I’ll support those efforts.
- I am proud of what I’ve done to spur downtown development, especially through the South Milwaukee Downtown Market. But we have a long ways to go in bringing new life back to our city center. And I want to be part of that solution.
- I am proud of what I’ve done to improve resident communications, especially through the launch and growth of South Milwaukee Blog and my support of the redesign of the city’s new website. But we can do better. And I am as committed as ever to making that happen.
- I am proud of the day-to-day constituent support I provide, helping residents get solutions for their problems and standing up for their needs at City Hall. But those needs are always there. And I look forward to doing my part.
So we’ve made progress. But we need to push harder, to continue to embrace positive change and position South Milwaukee for success in the years ahead. We can’t stand still. We must embrace new ideas and new approaches, now more than ever.
That’s why I’m running for alderman next April. And I thank you for your support.
Learn more on my campaign website at brooks4alderman.com and from my flyer … and let me know if you’re interested in helping with the campaign. Anything you can do — especially your vote — is appreciated.