News and notes from around the South Shore, including this from the South Milwaukee Fire Department …
At approximately 6:20 this evening (Sunday, March 15), SMFD responded to a request from the Oak Creek Fire Department to assist a stranded boater on Lake Michigan approximately one mile off of Bender Park. Apparently, the US Coast Guard originally received the call reporting the disabled boat and notified OCFD. SMFD responded with it’s inflatable boat to Bender Park (the rescue boat is still in winter storage), located the disabled boat and its two male occupants and towed it safely back to shore.
- Manufacturing Projects At Iceport Site, National Tissue Advance In Cudahy (Milwaukee Business Journal)
- 23-Year-Old Man Seriously Hurt In Collision In Oak Creek (Fox 6)
- Fishing Pier At Oak Creek Power Plant Opens April 1 (NOW)
- Caterpillar Faces “Aggressive” Komatsu Fueled By Yen (Bloomberg)
- Smithfield Names Kapella President Of Patrick Cudahy (Milwaukee Journal Sentinel)