It’s budget season, and here are some key dates to keep in mind in the weeks ahead …
- Oct. 15: Executive budget review, 6 p.m.
- Oct. 21: Additional budget review, if needed, 6 p.m.
- Oct. 29: Proposed budget published.
- Nov. 30: Public hearing on proposed budget, 6 p.m.
- Dec. 1: City Council meets to adopt budget, 7 p.m.
All meetings are public, and I encourage you to be part of the debate.
This is shaping up to be a particularly tough budget year, with rising costs coupled with state-imposed limits on local levy and spending increases taking a toll. We’ll adapt, as we always do, but it won’t be easy.
I’ll keep you posted throughout the process.