Check out the following South Shore headlines, including this TMJ4 story about measures local fire departments — including South Milwaukee — are taking to prevent cancer among its firefighters.
Knitter worked to enact the cultural changes and new safety practices. The first step was to make sure the uniforms get washed immediately when crews return to the fire station. “The days of a seasoned, salty, dirty, rough-looking firefighter is a thing of the past. We know the associated risks and hazards with that now,” said Knitter.
- Wisconsin DNR To Host Meeting Concerning Water Quality, Arsenic Amounts From Oak Creek Power Plant (NOW)
- Wisconsin Manufacturers Caught In Global Slump (Milwaukee Journal Sentinel)
- Women Gaining Ground As Entpreneurs And Investors (Biz Times)
- Cudahy Girl, 4, Suffers From Rare Metabolic Disorder (WISN)
- Oak Creek-Franklin School Task Force To “Tweak” Plans For Elementary Enrollment Boundaries (NOW)
- City Council Votes To Move Rail Study Forward (Racine Journal Times)
Also, NOW has published a new police blotter.