South Shore headlines include another difficult 2016 week for Caterpillar, with more plant closings and a gloomy 2016 forecast …
- Caterpillar Closing 5 Plants (USA Today)
- Caterpillar To Close Building HH In East Peoria And Lay Off 670 Workers Overall (Peoria Journal-Star)
- Caterpillar Forecasts Further Revenue Weakness (Wall Street Journal)
- Northwestern Mutual Considers Oak Creek Mixed-Use Project (Milwaukee Journal Sentinel)
- New Oak Creek Goodwill Store To Host Grand Opening (NOW)
- Cudahy Babysitter Pleads Not Guilty To Charge In Six-Month-Old Infant’s Death (Fox 6)
- Marian Center For Nonprofits To Close (Business Journal)
Also, NOW has published a new police blotter.
And there is this item from police that occurred on Jan. 20 …
On January 20, 2016, SMPD was notified that a gunshot victim at St Luke’s – Main Hospital had suffered an accidental, self-inflicted gunshot wound, resulting in a minor injury to the victim. A subsequent investigation at St Luke’s – Main Hospital and the victim’s residence confirmed the shooting to be accidental and self-inflicted by the victim while he was cleaning his gun. The victim was counseled regarding gun safety.