Interfaith’s South Shore Regional Neighborhood Outreach Program does so much good for so many people — more than ever, in fact. But don’t take my word for it.
I just received their annual report. Look at the numbers …
- The number of clients receiving services increased by 40% from the previous year.
- 111 new clients were welcomed.
- 41 new volunteers were recruited and trained.
- 910 more rides were provided than last year, a 21% increase.
- 897 more cards, food and gifts were delivered than last year, a 58% increase.
- 107 more in-person or telephone visits were made than last year, a 7% increase.
South Shore Regional has more than 900 clients in southeast Milwaukee County. We serve older adults in Bay View, St. Francis, Cudahy, South Milwaukee, Oak Creek and southeast parts of Milwaukee.
- 78% of our clients are female.
- 56% of our clients live alone.
- 41% of our clients are 85 years of age or older.
- 61% of our clients have annual household income of less than $15,000.
Services Provided: In 2015, our volunteers put in nearly 14,000 hours of service for older adults in our community. With the generosity of our volunteers, we were able to provide:
- 5,233 rides to medical appointments, shopping and errands;
- 2,456 greeting cards, food and gifts to our clients;
- 1,668 in-person or telephone visits; and
- 518 trips to the grocery store for clients.
Download the entire annual report here. And thanks to this terrific South Milwaukee-based organization and all of its volunteers for making a real difference in our community.
And here is how you can help …
- Give: Making a financial donation to South Shore Regional allows us to continue our program of providing rides and support to our clients, free of charge. We are committed to growing to meet the increasing needs of our older adults.
- Stamp Out Loneliness: South Shore Regional sends out hundreds of Birthday, Christmas and other greeting cards every year, letting our clients know that someone cares. Consider contributing stamps or making a donation for us to buy stamps.
- Volunteer: The beauty of our program is that we work with the volunteer’s schedule. We have openings for drivers, grocery shoppers, friendly visitors and more! Call us now to get more information and sign up – 414-762-1998.