Update: We’re moving the location of this event to 11th and Madison, the site of the South Milwaukee Downtown Market.
South Milwaukee Ace Hardware and Caterpillar employees are partnering to bring a bit of holiday magic to an empty lot. And they need your help.
Introducing the first-ever South Milwaukee Festival of Trees!
Here is how it will work …
- Ace is donating 40 Christmas trees that Caterpillar employees – as part of its We Are Caterpillar South Milwaukee group – will display at 11th and Madison Avenues, at the site of the South Milwaukee Downtown Market. (Note location change.)
- The trees are expected to arrive the week before Thanksgiving – as part of a larger donation Ace is making of 100 trees, with 25 each going South Milwaukee Human Concerns and Project Concern, and 10 going to the Beautification Committee for use around the city’s welcome signs.
- Starting around Nov. 18, local groups, organizations, businesses, and others will decorate the trees at the lot. All trees must be decorated by Dec. 8.
- The trees will then stand in the lot through Christmas.
- Caterpillar is also planning an event to celebrate the decorated trees for a date TBD in December. Look for more details soon.
Want to decorate a tree? Email Karin Wierman at Cat to sign up.
Tree “owners” can be anyone from local youth and school groups to adult organizations and businesses. As for guidelines on decorating, groups are encouraged to make the trees their own through theming and handmade decorations. Remember, decorations should survive the elements throughout December. The trees will not be lit
Please consider signing up, and joining this new holiday tradition … and thanks to South Milwaukee Ace and Caterpillar for stepping up to support this fun event.