Please vote in today’s public safety referendum, and weigh in on the future funding of our paramedic program and the potential addition of two police officers.
There is one question on the ballot …
Under state law, the increase in the levy of the City of South Milwaukee for the tax to be imposed for the next fiscal year, 2018, is limited to .09%, which results in a levy of $10,774,142. Shall the City of South Milwaukee be allowed to exceed this limit and increase the levy for the next fiscal year, 2018, by a total of 5.73%, which results in a levy of $11,381,095?
Here is the ballot, and here are additional voting details …
- Polls are open from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- First District voters vote at Divine Mercy School, 695 College Ave.
- Second District voters vote at Lakeview School, 711 Marion Ave.
- Third District voters vote at City Hall, 2424 15th Ave.
- Fourth District voters vote at Rawson Elementary, 1410 Rawson Ave.
- Not sure what district you live in? Here is a map.
Voter ID is required, and registrations are allowed at the polls.
From the city’s elections web page …
Voters can register at the City Clerk’s office prior to the election date or at the polling place on Election Day. Voters should bring their Wisconsin driver’s license or state ID card when registering. If the information on your license does not list your current address, additional documentation with the current address will be needed to establish residency. A voter must have lived at their residence for at least 10 consecutive days prior to registering.
More details on the referendum itself here — including fact sheets, data and a list of frequently asked questions. See you at the polls!