Today is primary election day, and I ask everyone to get to the polls, do their duty as citizens and vote.
- Here is a sample ballot for the spring primary for those in District 1, where there are six aldermanic candidates running for four spots on the April 3 ballot, in addition to a contested race for Milwaukee County Board and State Supreme Court.
- Here is a sample ballot for Districts 2-4, where the only contested races are for County Board and Supreme Court.
And and here are additional voting details …
- Polls are open from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- First District voters vote at Divine Mercy School, 695 College Ave.
- Second District voters vote at Lakeview School, 711 Marion Ave.
- Third District voters vote at City Hall, 2424 15th Ave.
- Fourth District voters vote at Rawson Elementary, 1410 Rawson Ave.
- Not sure what district you live in? Here is a map.
Check out more details on the city’s elections web page … and look for more information on local results from South Milwaukee Blog later tonight or Wednesday morning.
And while you’re out, please thank a pollworker. These dedicated citizens bring democracy to life through their too-often thankless work.
See you at the polls!