Today is Election Day! Please do your constitutional duty and vote.
There are contested Democratic primaries for Wisconsin governor, lieutenant governor, secretary of state and treasurer; the U.S. House of Representatives; and Milwaukee County Sheriff. On the Republican side, there are contested primaries for governor, secretary of state and treasurer; U.S. Senate, and the House.
Also, please note: In a partisan primary, you may vote in only one party’s primary, as chosen on the ballot. If you choose a party, votes cast in that party will be counted. Votes cast in any other party will not be counted. If you do not choose a party, and you vote in more than one party, no votes will be counted.
- Here is a sample ballot.
- Polls are open from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- First District voters vote at Divine Mercy School, 695 College Ave.
- Second District voters vote at Lakeview School, 711 Marion Ave.
- Third District voters vote at City Hall, 2424 15th Ave.
- Fourth District voters vote at Rawson Elementary, 1410 Rawson Ave.
- Not sure what district you live in? Here is a map.
- Please remember to bring photo ID.
- For information on voter registration, polling locations, and to request an absentee ballot for future elections, visit MyVote.
Check out more details on the city’s elections web page … and look for more information on local results on the city’s website tonight or Wednesday morning.
And while you’re out, please thank a pollworker. These dedicated citizens bring democracy to life through their too-often thankless work.