Crowdfunding creative ideas big and small … I love this!
From the South Shore Chamber of Commerce …
The South Shore Chamber of Commerce is introducing SOUTH SHORE SOUP – serving the communities of the South Shore Chamber. South Shore Soup is a micro-granting soup dinner supporting creative projects in Cudahy, St. Francis, and South Milwaukee; the communities that make up the South Shore Chamber. This innovative micro-granting event has been done throughout the Country and in Milwaukee.
- Sunday, October 21, 2018
- Time: 4 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Place: Joe’s K Ranch side room, 4840 S Whitnall Ave, Cudahy, WI 53110
Register online under Events at ssccwi.com
PLEASE RSVP ON OR BEFORE OCTOBER 17, 2018. (If registering children 12 and under, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with this information)
- How to attend: For a donation of $10 for adults (children 12 and under are free), attendees receive a variety of hearty soup, salad, bread, desert and they VOTE for a grantee. Pre-registration is recommended to get a count for the food.
- How it works: At the Soup dinner you hear from four presentations ranging from art, urban agriculture, social entrepreneurs, education, technology and more in hopes the attendees will “grant” them the proceeds from the soup dinner for their cause.
- What is the process: Each presenter has four minutes to share their idea and answer four questions from the audience. At the event, attendees eat, talk, share resources, enjoy and vote on the project they think most benefits the cities most. At the end of the night we count the ballots and the winner goes home with all the attendee registration money raised to carry out their project.
- Deadline to Submit Application: October 8, 2018. Winners will be contacted on October 15, 2018.
Please see ssccwi.com under Events for the link and the application.
Winners come back to a future Soup dinner to report their projects progress. (Next two events will be held in February and April 2019.)
Do you have a project you would like to support? Do you know a group that would like to sign up? Have them fill out an application.
Questions? Email Trish Wimmer at email@example.com.