From the Rotary Club of Mitchell Field …
Welcome Summer with One of the First Food Truck Events in 2019
Food Truck Sunday is coming on Sunday, May 19 at South Milwaukee’s Downtown Market, 11th & Milwaukee Avenues. The trucks start serving at noon and stay until 4 p.m. so there’s time to enjoy lunch, meet friends and take home dinner for later.
Returning food trucks include All About Tacos, Cupcake-A-Rhee, Little Havana Express, Marco Polo, The Rolling Cones, and Timber’s BBQ.
- All About Tacos has almost every taco combination you can imagine and donates a portion of their profits to breast cancer research.
- Cupcake-A-Rhee will make you drool with their mouth-watering selection of cupcakes.
- Little Havana Express claims some of the most “authentic” Cuban sandwiches in Milwaukee with their shredded beef and chicken breast sandwiches and Havana pork plates.
- Marco Polo serves crispy chicken with authentic international sauces.
- The Rolling Cones offers unique rolled bread cones stuffed with your choice of meat and vegetarian fillings.
- Timber’s BBQ has some of Milwaukee’s finest BBQ, smoking up wings, brisket, ribs and more with a distinct flair that sets it apart from the competition.
New this time around are A & A Cafe, My Funnel Truck, Pinâ Mexican Eats, Rollin Smoke, and Yogi’s Pud’n Bowltique.
- A & A Cafe features gourmet sandwiches, loaded homemade chips, and salads.
- My Funnel Truck is the place to get the “perfect funnel cake” and ice cream creations.
- Pinâ Mexican Eats, a spin off from the Pineapple Cafe, will make their debut with authentic tacos, burritos, nachos, and quesadillas.
- Rollin Smoke puts a new twist on barbecue with BBQ nachos, smoked Italian beef, BBQ mac & cheese, smoked cheesy potatoes, smoked chocolate mousse and fatties – bacon-wrapped sausages stuffed with all different things then sliced and served as a sandwich.
- Last, but not least, Yogi’s Pud’n Bowltique has people raving about her amazingly delicious, decadent, rich, and completely satisfying pudding flavors are.
The family-friendly event offers live music by acoustic guitarist Rohn Eric Larson and lots of seating at shaded picnic tables. Parking and admission are free.
Food Truck Sunday is hosted by the Rotary Club of Mitchell Field with support from Educators Credit Union. Proceeds from the sale of beverages go back to the South Shore communities of Milwaukee County via grants to non-profits and college scholarships for students.
For more information on Food Truck Sunday, visit facebook.com/southmilwaukeefoodtruck or rcomf.org.