Christmas is drawing closer, and the number of holiday events in South Milwaukee keeps growing! Here is an updated list. This week alone …
Wednesday, November 20
- South Milwaukee Lions “Season of Giving” Blood Drive. Give the gift of life by donating blood from 2 to 6:30 p.m. at American Legion Post #27. Sign up today at bit.ly/smlions1120 or call 877-232-4376.
Thursday, November 21
- Community Meal. The monthly meal features roast turkey and gravy, buns, roasted potatoes, Italian green beans, cranberries and pumpkin bars. 5 to 6:30 p.m., First Congregational United Church of Christ, 1111 N. Chicago Avenue. All are welcome. Free of charge.
Saturday, November 23
South Milwaukee Old Fashioned Christmas
Our city’s official holiday celebration moves to the Saturday before Thanksgiving, and includes the return of the lighted Christmas Parade!
- 3 to 6 p.m. Visit with Santa, kids’ crafts, Cousins subs, free hayrides and more. South Milwaukee City Hall, 2424 15th Ave.
Lighted Christmas Parade and Tree Lighting
- 6:30 p.m. South Milwaukee Lions Club Lighted Christmas Parade runs along 15th Avenue near City Hall, from Madison to Marion. Reserve your entries today … or line the streets to check out this new holiday tradition.
- Following parade: City Hall tree lighting.