Here is a full list, and here is what’s coming up, starting tomorrow …
And one important note: There are still some trees left to decorate for the Friday Festival! Email Karin Wierman at Wierman_Karin_A@cat.com to reserve one or three, and decorate them on Friday!
Friday, December 6
- Festival of Trees. South Milwaukee Ace and Caterpillar bring back a bit of holiday magic to the site of the farmers’ market on 11th and Madison. The unveiling event is from 4:30 to 7 p.m. on Dec. 7, and features Santa, hot cocoa and candy canes. And bring your hats, mittens and scarves to donate to Human Concerns. The trees will remain up for viewing through Christmas.
Saturday, December 7
- South Milwaukee Christmas Market.More than 100 vendors and live music, and meet Santa. 9 a.m.-2 p.m., South Milwaukee High School, 801 15th Ave.
- Craft & Vendor Event.9 a.m.-3 p.m., Zion Lutheran School, 3600 S. Chicago Ave.
- Las Posadas Christmas Party. 2-4 p.m., St. Mark’s Episcopal Church. Celebrate Mary and Joseph’s journey with games, refreshments, and a piñata. Visit Storytime Corner and make cards and coloring books with the elves. Follow along a Los Posadas pageant.
Sunday, December 8
- Milwaukee Circle Choir, “The Song Heard Round the World.” A free concert at Sts. Peter and Paul Polish National Catholic Church, 1308 15th Ave. 3:30 p.m.
Monday, December 9
- South Milwaukee Library Holiday Sweater Party.Bring your own sweater and make it ugly with our best/worst craft supplies! Anytime 4-7 p.m., while supplies last. Under 13 must have an adult assist. South Milwaukee Library.
Wednesday, December 11
- Children’s Holiday Party. Treats, games, story time and crafts with a holiday theme for kids. 6-7 p.m., South Milwaukee Library.
And don’t forget, Light Up South Milwaukee Award entries are due Wednesday, Dec. 11. Nominate an address by commenting on the pinned post on the city’s Facebook page, or by visiting our Google Form: https://forms.gle/T3tWm76KSEz23sAg9