From the South Milwaukee Downtown Market Facebook page …
Rain or shine, the market will be opening Thursday, May 28!
We look forward to opening and proving an enjoyable and SAFE evening for all! We recommend washing your hands as you enter and exit, wear a mask if desired, and social distance when possible.
There will be 24 vendors to kick off the 2020 market season. Come out to support your local and small businesses! Please note there will be no live music, crafters, or on-site eating allowed until June 11th.
Additional information from the market …
The market has made changes to meet guidelines that have been approved by the South Milwaukee Health Department to ensure the safety of our vendors, shoppers, and staff. The following guidelines will be enforced until further notice.
- The first half-hour of the market, we invite seniors, health care providers, and those with underlying health concerns to shop first.
- For now, the market will be a shopping destination, not a social gathering. Customers are invited to choose a designated shopper from their household and make a shopping list in advance. Please consider leaving children at home if possible.
- NO PETS will be allowed at the market until further notice.
- There will be a ONE WAY foot traffic pattern. Signs will be posted at the entrance and exit of the market. Please follow these signs to ensure we are practicing safe social distancing.
- Booths will be spaced 6’ to provide social distancing among shoppers in line and walking about the market.
- Public hand washing stations will be available as well as hand sanitizer at each booth. Shoppers will be encouraged to wash hands upon entering the market and before leaving (and as many times in between!)
- To meet social distancing guidelines, there may be a limit of customers allowed in the market.
- Any ready-to-eat items will be pre-packaged to-go. NO on-site food consumption is allowed until further notice.
- Sampling of products will not be allowed.
- Picnic tables will be closed and live music will be suspended until further notice. (now June 11)
- Vendors will be responsible for increased frequency of cleaning tables, payment devices, and other surfaces. There will be increased sanitizing of restrooms and other high contact areas.
We ask for your full cooperation during these times until we can go back to normal operations. Let’s stay together while we’re apart! Stay safe!