I’m taking a much-needed and long-overdue break from Facebook.
This includes my mayoral and personal pages and several others I’ve started over the years to keep people informed on more specific things like promoting Rocketober and Christmas events in South Milwaukee.
James Moran has graciously agreed to administer the Shop Local South MIlwaukee page, which I began to promote local businesses. Thanks, James!
My campaign team will continue to manage my Brooks for Assembly page.
There remain plenty of ways to get in touch with me, stay informed, raise questions and share your thoughts on issues.
- Follow South Milwaukee Blog. I’ll keep it going, minus comments, and will probably ramp up my posting. You can get emails every time I post by signing up from the link on the front page of my site.
- Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Call me at 414-768-8049 and leave a voicemail.
- Write me a letter.
- Speak at a council meeting.
- Set up an in-person meeting, which I welcome and do frequently.
- Or find me around town at an event.
I’ll be back to Facebook eventually, and it may be a while.
Until then, l ask you to remember the words we choose matter, especially during the generational challenges we’re facing. Let’s use words to unite, not divide; to build up, not tear down; to help, not harm. That includes me.
And let’s be stronger, together.