Here is a list of what’s up this weekend. Check out the Events page on the blog for regular updates!
- Friday, October 28: “Tales & Tombstones” tour of the First Congregational Cemetery, led by historian Nels Monson. 6 pm. Details
- Friday, October 28: Lights on Edgewood Halloween lights show, 1322 Edgewood Ave. 7 p.m. Details
- Saturday, October 29: Fall Craft and Vendor Fair, 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Trinity Lutheran Church. Details
- Saturday, October 29: Trunk or Treat, presented St. Mark’s Episcopal Church, 2 to 4 p.m. A free and safe trick-or-treat zone offering games, candy, fun and food, including historic cemetery tours. Details
- Saturday, October 29: Lights on Edgewood Halloween lights show, 1322 Edgewood Ave. 6 p.m. (two-hour show). Details
- Sunday, October 30: Knightwind Ensemble, South Milwaukee PAC. Details
- Monday, October 31: Official South Milwaukee trick-or-treating, 5:30-7:30 p.m.
- Monday, October 31: Lights on Edgewood Halloween lights show, 1322 Edgewood Ave. 7 p.m. Details
Local pubs also have Halloween-themed events going on, including parties at The Tap Room on Friday and Moran’s Pub on Saturday. And if you haven’t had time to check out the Moran’s Wizard World pop-up, do yourself a favor and stop in.
And this from the South Milwaukee Police Department …
The official Trick or Treat for South Milwaukee this year falls on Monday, Oct. 31st from 5:30pm to 7:30pm. Sex offenders who are under active supervision have restrictions placed on them during Halloween, which are as follows:
- No Halloween decorations can be displayed inside or outside of their residence
- No handing out candy or participating in trick or treat activities
- No wearing a Halloween costume
- No turning on their porch light during trick or treating hours
You may view sex offenders in your neighborhood by visiting the Wisconsin Department of Corrections (WI DOC) Website at- http://offender.doc.state.wi.us/public/. Please take the time to read through the conditions of use. Please also keep in mind that only those on active supervision must follow the above restrictions. Just because an offender’s name appears on the website does not mean they are on active supervision. You will not know their status unless you select their name and look for the bolded section titled “Incarceration/Supervision Status”. Random checks may be performed by the South Milwaukee Police Department and DOC Probation and Parole agents to ensure they are complying with these restrictions.
If you have further questions, please look through the WI DOC FAQ section at the above address, or call the South Milwaukee Police Department at 414-768-8060. If you believe a registered sex offender under Active Community Supervision is participating in Halloween activities you can report the information to the SAFE tip phone hotline at 1-877-234-0085 which is answered Monday through Friday between 7:45 AM and 4:30 PM.