It’s an Apollo Jazz fundraising event on Tuesday and public school advocacy event on Wednesday. Both will be time well spent!
Here is what’s coming up in South Milwaukee …
- Tuesday, April 18: Jazz ‘N More, Apollo Jazz fundraising event, 7 p.m., South Milwaukee High School Commons.
- Wednesday, April 19: Stand Up! Speak Up! Get Loud About Your Public Schools! 5-7 p.m., South Milwaukee High School. Details
- Thursday, April 20: Free Community Dinner, First Congregational Church. Details
- Thursday, April 20: Growing South Milwaukee Earth Daze Bake Sale/Community Garden Fundraiser, 4:20-7 p.m., Parkway Floral. Details
- Saturday, April 29: South Milwaukee Earth Day celebration, 9 a.m.-noon, Grobschmidt Senior Center parking lot. Details
- Saturday, April 29: Heritage Days Parade Mini Golf Pub Crawl, 11 a.m. Details
- Saturday, April 29: South Milwaukee Historical Society Canopy Class — Daffodil Walk, 10:30 a.m. Details
Get more information and a full schedule of upcoming events on the blog Events page.
3 responses to “Jazz And Advocacy: Public Invited To Two Special South Milwaukee Schools Events This Week”
I was wondering if there was a dedication of some sorts for the opening of Bucyrus Commons and is it finished. I am still attempting to find a picture of the corner of 11th and Madison Avenues that contained the three taverns that were there in the 1950s when I delivered the Milwaukee Journal. So far, no luck.
Thank you for the information concerning the Bucyrus Commons dedication ceremony. I have circulated the announcement to some of my 1956 classmates.