Update: An earlier version of this post had the wrong starting point listed for the Heritage Days parade. It will start where it always does, around Eighth and Milwaukee Avenues. Sorry for the error. Getting my parades mixed up🙂
Heritage Week is the best week to be in South Milwaukee … and it’s coming up soon. The schedule is much the same as previous years, including …
- Monday, July 22: South Milwaukee Police Department Drug Abuse Resistance Education (DARE) Golf Outing, 8 a.m., Oakwood Golf Course. $75 per person, which includes 18 holes of golf, lunch, beverages and fun. Spots are still available. Register by contacting Officer Tim Lewiston (midnight to 8 a.m.) or Officer Nate Siefert (4 p.m. to midnight) at 768-8060.
- Tuesday, July 23: St. Luke’s United Church of Christ Ice Cream Social and Raffle, 4-8 p.m., 2200 18th Ave. Learn more here.
- Wednesday, July 24: South Milwaukee Fire Department Spaghetti Dinner, 4:30-8 p.m. at the fire station. Trattoria di Carlo is again bringing the spaghetti, so it should be a great meal.
- Thursday, July 25: Evening on the Avenue (4-9 p.m.) and South Milwaukee Downtown Market (3-7 p.m.), downtown. Celebrate our city center with two first-class events!
- Friday, July 25-Sunday, July 27: Lionsfest, 16th and Rawson Avenues. That includes the car cruise Friday and family day on Sunday. Always a great time. See a full schedule here.
- Saturday, July 26: Heritage Days parade, 11 a.m. starting at around Eighth and Milwaukee Avenues downtown and ending at Lionsfest. Our city’s annual summer parade never disappoints.
- Saturday, July 26: Great Duck Race, presented by the Friends of Mill Pond and Oak Creek Watercourse. The race starts at 2 p.m., after the parade, at 15th and Milwaukee Avenues. Ducks are $3 each or two for $5 and can be purchased on the parade route, at the race or at Parkway Floral. Prizes are $500, $250, $150 and $25.
If I missed anything, please let me know. See you at Heritage Week!