Jake Dunham’s South Milwaukee High School basketball career is over, and what a career it was. Thankfully, he’s not done playing — and he’ll only be a short drive away if you want to see him on the court in the years ahead.
Dunham was named to the Wisconsin Basketball Coaches Association All-State Team this week, the latest honor for one of the top players in the history of the school. From Wisconsin Sports Network …
Dunham (6-5) was picked as the Player of the Year in the Woodland East Conference. The UW-Parkside recruit averaged 23.2 points, 9.7 rebounds and 2.3 assists. He had 44 points in a loss to Cudahy and completed his high school career with 1,699 points.
Among his other accomplishments …
- Four-year varsity starter
- Career scoring just 15 points shy of Jay Schauer, a 1954 graduate and star on the 1952 WIAA State Championship team
- Third all-time in school history in rebounds
- First Team All Woodland Conference in 2021 and 2022 — and Woodland Player on the Year in 2022
Importantly, Jake is also headed to NCAA Division II University of Wisconsin-Parkside, where he joins a really strong program coming off a conference title and NCAA Tournament appearance this year.
I’ll be rooting for you, Jake. You deserve every bit of success you’ve earned.
Thanks, J&J Double Take photography for the photos.
Also, here is that list of top scorers at South Milwaukee (thanks, Ante Udovicic, for the information) …
- (‘54) Jay Schauer 1,714
- (‘23) Jake Dunham 1,679
- (‘96) Dan Luczywko 1,305
- (‘94) Jake Browarski 1,085
- (‘75) Jerry Marifke 1,035
- (‘08) Andy Smith 1,003
- (‘76) Kurt Nimphius 985
Tag Archives: dailyprompt
Celebrating Jake Dunham
Filed under South Milwaukee