Here is one more reason to be a part of Saturday’s downtown trick-or-treating event: Along the way, you will have a chance to help shape the future of our city.
Graef Consulting is holding its second open house/public feedback session from 3 to 5 p.m. on Saturday at 924 Milwaukee Ave., the storefront located directly east of Sorce Martial Arts. Stop in and share your input and learn more about the comprehensive plan under development. Displays will include:
- Opportunity area development scenarios;
- Boards with visual / design precedents;
- A photo montage of a concept for the public space at the southeast corner of Milwaukee and 10th Avenues;
- Recommendations for downtown;
- A synthesis of feedback from the first open house this summer at the Downtown Market;
- Blank maps for further feedback (neighborhoods/districts/corridors, opportunity areas, and a large aerial map); and
- “What I Want For South Milwaukee” stickers to provide feedback and comment forms.
There will also be a coloring station for children and candy (of course). The PBS “Around the Corner” episode on South Milwaukee will also be shown during the open house.
Be sure to take a break from trick-or-treating and be a part of this activity. Your feedback is critical as we continue our work in planning South Milwaukee’s promising future!