From the Milwaukee County Parks …
The Milwaukee County Parks Department is launching Parks with Purpose, a campaign that recognizes a period of intense planning to position the Milwaukee County park system for continued, expanded success in 2017 and beyond. Your input will be vital as we develop these two interrelated major plans in partnership with the Southeastern Wisconsin Regional Planning Commission and Pros Consulting:
- 10-year Parks System Master Plan
This plan will provide recommendations for facilities, programs and services, maintenance and operation, and administration and management of the Milwaukee County park system.
- 2050 Park & Open Space Plan
This plan will address long-range considerations including the preservation of environmental corridors, conservation lands, and the recreational use of water bodies, and will make recommendations on the distribution of parks and recreational facilities throughout the County.
Public Workshops – Join us!
All workshops begin at 6:30 p.m. with a presentation, followed by interactive workshops from 7-8 p.m.
- Sept. 13, Kosciuszko Park Community Center, 2201 S. 7th St.
- Sept. 14, Lake Park Marcia Coles Community Room, 3133 E. Newberry Blvd. (lower level)
- Sept. 15, Wilson Park Pavilion, 1601 W. Howard Ave.
- Sept. 20, Brown Deer Park Golf Clubhouse, 7625 N. Range Line Road
- Sept. 21, Gordon Park Pavilion, 2828 N. Humboldt Blvd.
- Sept. 22, Dineen Park Pavilion, 6601 W. Vienna St.
- Sept. 27, Sheridan Park Pavilion, 4800 S. Lake Drive
- Oct. 4, McCarty Park Pavilion,2567 S. 79 St.
- Oct. 5, Center Street Park Community Room, 6420 W. Clarke St.