I love Christmas — and how we celebrate it in South Milwaukee.
Here is the rundown of events. Did I forget one? Please let me know!
- Saturday, November 12: Holiday Bazaar. Crafts, baked goods, raffles and more. Lunch will be served.9 a.m. to 1 p.m., Grobschmidt Senior Center, 2424 15th Ave.
- Saturday, November 26: Downtown Tree Lighting. Meet Santa, purchase the SMCBA’s annual ornament, donate to the Human Concerns food drive and listen to live music and grade school choirs. 4-5:30 p.m., Heritage Place (10th and Milwaukee).
- Sunday, November 27: South Milwaukee Old Fashioned Christmas
- 1 p.m. South Milwaukee Lions Christmas Parade from 12th and Milwaukee to City Hall.
- After the parade at City Hall: Pictures with Santa, arts, crafts, food and more.
- 4 p.m. Enjoy a free show by South Milwaukee High School a cappella groups Delta V and the Pop Rockets, as well as the madrigal singers, and a special guest to light the tree.
- Saturday, December 3: South Milwaukee Christmas Market. Enjoy more than 100 vendors and live music, and meet Santa.9 a.m. to 3 p.m., South Milwaukee High School, 801 15th Ave.
- Sunday, December 4: Christmas Choir Concert. 4 p.m., Sts. Peter & Paul Polish National Catholic Church, 1308 15th Ave.
- Thursday, December 8: Cantus: “We All Will be Together.” The premier men’s vocal ensemble in the U.S. comes to South Milwaukee. 7:30 p.m., South Milwaukee PAC, 901 15th Ave.
- Saturday and Sunday, December 10-11: Ye Old Christmas Feaste. Pre-dinner music at 4, dinner (prepared by students) at 4:30 p.m., South Milwaukee High School
- Saturday, December 10: Live reindeer visit and photos. 10 a.m. to noon, South Milwaukee Ace Hardware, 1009 Marquette Ave.
- Sunday, December 11: Breakfast with Santa. 9 a.m., American Legion Post 27, 920 Monroe Ave.
- Thursday, December 15: South Milwaukee Library Holiday Party. 6-7:30 p.m. Family fun for all ages.
Photos are from the Feaste last year. If you haven’t yet attended this event, you should. And if you have, it’s worth a return visit.