Before you check out these headlines, enjoy some shots of nature’s majesty from Grant Park last weekend …
- Sheriff’s Office: 35-Year-Old Inmate Dies at Milwaukee County Jail (Fox 6)
- Bartender Worked at South Milwaukee’s Tap Room for 8 Months With no License; Served Drinks After Hours (NOW)
- 6-Year-Old Boy Prone to Wandering Suspended from School Because of Device (WISN)
- Cudahy Company Donating Floors for Milwaukee’s Streetcar (Milwaukee Business Journal)
- Amid Trying Circumstances, Oak Creek Hires a Familiar Face (NOW)
- Ryan Road Interchange Work to Start Oct. 25 (NOW)
- South Shore Frolics Canceled for 2018 (Journal Sentinel)
One additional note on The Tap Room situation: Both the unlicensed bartender and the owner received citations from the SMPD regarding the incident.
Also, Caterpillar released its third-quarter earnings earlier this week. Sales are up.
In a sign that economic growth is taking root across all regions, Caterpillar reported increased demand in every place it does business. The manufacturer is benefiting from increased capital investments by mining customers, rising sales of construction equipment in China and strength in on-shore oil and gas industries in North America. The gains underscore the International Monetary Fund’s assessment for brightening prospects in the world’s biggest economies.
And NOW has published a new police blotter.