I stopped by over the weekend and saw local woodworker Larry Oleson is almost done with the Little Free Libraries.
Two are still unspoken for, available to loving homes.
Interested? Email me at email@example.com, and let me know why we should add your name to the list. I don’t need a thesis — just a sentence or three on your plans for the library and why it would make a great fit for your neighborhood.
I want to thank our partners for their support of this.
- That list starts with Larry. He has been so gracious to lend his talents to this twice now. He is making these for free, and this couldn’t happen without him. Take a look at his progress in the image with this post.
- South Milwaukee Library. As in 2015, they donated all the wood for the libraries, from their collection of retired bookshelves.
- South Milwaukee Ace Hardware. They donated a number of materials for the project, including the doors and windows, hinges and latches, nails, screws and more. Very cool.
- Bliffert Lumber in Cudahy. They stepped up to donate posts.
- We also had a private donation of shingles.
Look for the libraries to be up around town this spring!
Please be sure that you have the ability to transport your library and anchor it into the ground, to get on the list.