Forward: South Shore, a new group advocating for “parks, connectivity and sustainable communities, is holding a series of “slow roll” bike rides across the South Shore, starting tomorrow (Tuesday, May 1).
A ride I went on last year is pictured above. Here the list for 2018 …
- Inaugural Slow Roll: Tuesday May 1st 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. Start and stop by Azteca – staying for Taco Tuesday encouraged. 4 miles total
- Bike to Trivia at 42 Ale House: Wednesday May 16th from 6:15 p.m. to 9:45 p.m. leaving from intersection of Milwaukee Ave and 6th Ave. Lights required 14 miles total.
- Bike to Food Truck Friday at Morgan Park: Friday June 1st 4:30 p.m. to 7:45 p.m. Leaving from intersection of Milwaukee Ave and 6th Ave. 16 miles total.
- Bike to South Shore Farmer’s Market: Saturday June 23rd from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Meet at Avenue Coffeehouse. 18 miles total.
- Bike to the Grant Park Beer Garden: Friday July 13th from 6 pm to 9 p.m. Meet at 2424 15th Ave. 9 miles total.
- Slow Roll to the So. Milwaukee Downtown Market: Thursday July 26 from 4 p.m. to 5 p.m. Start and Stop at So. Milwaukee Downtown Market – downtown marketing encouraged. 4 miles total.
- Bike to the Interurban in Mukwonago: Saturday August 18th from 7:45 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Meet at So Milwaukee Downtown Market location. 52 miles total.
Thanks to James Davies for organizing this effort! More details here.