On a cold snowy day, here is some heart-warming news: The Milwaukee County Traveling Beer Garden is returning to Grant Park this summer!
From the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel …
This year, look for the beer trucks at 13 stops May 8 through Sept. 2. The Roll Out the Barrel Tour stays at each park for three weeks. The Pass Me a Pint Tour stays for two weeks. The Roll Out the Barrel tour stops will be:
- Juneau Park, 900 N. Prospect Ave., May 8 through May 27
- Doctors Park, 1870 E. Fox Lane, Fox Point, May 29 through June 16
- Grant Park, 100 E. Hawthorne Ave., South Milwaukee, June 19 through July 7
- Lake Park, 3333 E. Kenwood Blvd., July 10 through 28
- Greenfield Park, 2028 S. 124th St., West Allis, July 31 through Aug. 25
The Traveling Beer Gardens are open 5 to 10 p.m. weekdays and 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. on weekends. Last call is always 9 p.m. Beers will cost $14.50 for a liter with the glass and $9.50 for a refill. Pints will cost $6.50 with the glass or $5.50 for a refill.
The Iron Grate BBQ food truck will be open every day on the Roll Out the Barrel tour stops.
The Beer Garden 5K run series returns with runs beginning at 6 p.m. Dates and parks include Juneau Park on May 23; Froemming Park on June 6; Grant Park on June 27; Lake Park on July 11; Bender Park on Aug. 1; and Greenfield Park on Aug. 22. The cost is $30 a race or $150 for the full series. See silvercirclesportsevents.com.