Updated: 8:40 p.m.
From the South Milwaukee Public Library ..
In consultation with the South Milwaukee and St. Francis Health Departments, and in an abundance of caution due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the South Milwaukee Library Board is announcing the closure of the library building to the public until further notice, effective Tuesday, March 17, 2020.
- The library will offer curbside service for picking up certain library materials put on hold from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday and 10 a.m.-4 p.m. on Saturday.
- We will offer curbside fax and copy services for job-related material only.
- Reference Services are available by phone (414-768-8195) 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Monday through Friday and 10 a.m.-4 p.m. on Saturday.
- All returned material should be put in the outside drop box to the left of the front door.
- Allow 24 hours for material to be checked-in.
- All materials checked out before 3/16/2020, will be due on 5/1/2020.
- Book donations will not be accepted until further notice.
Read the full update on their Facebook page.
Additional COVID-19 South Milwaukee Updates
- South Milwaukee Municipal Court has been cancelled for Tuesday, March 17. The new scheduled court date for those who were to appear is May 21, 2020, at 10:30 a.m. For any questions, please call 414-768-7480.
- Please check my March 15 update on guidance related to city services and buildings. In short, most of our buildings are open. But if you do not have essential business at a city building, please consider doing your business over the phone or online. In the case of paying bills at City Hall, please use the drop box near the door.
- School District of South Milwaukee Meal Program Launching Wednesday, March 18: “The School District of South Milwaukee wants to be sure to offer free meals to their students who depend on the schools for meals. The School Nutrition Services Department will be providing “grab and go” lunches along with an additional breakfast offering that is shelf stable for the following morning for all students. This option is only for children in South Milwaukee. For more information on the meal program, click here.
- The Grant Park Golf Course and clubhouse are now closed.
Check the city website for regular updates, follow the city’s Facebook page, and sign up for our SM Works app. We will be using SM Works to share information on our response to COVID-19 via email to interested individuals. To join the email list, please sign up for the service and/or app, and submit your email address.