Upon consultation with the South Milwaukee/St. Francis Health Department, the Grobschmidt Senior Center will be reopening on September 8th with new policies implemented for everyone’s safety.
Read more here: http://bit.ly/SMSeniorCenterCOVID
Reservations will be required, and the following safety protocols will be in place …
- A new traffic pattern will be implemented in September. All participants are asked to enter through the front entrance and exit through the doors located on the north and west side of the building.
- Five hand sanitizer stations are located within the senior center. People are asked to use the hand sanitizer, or wash their hands, when entering and exiting the building.
- Because the senior center is providing services to a high risk age group, per the recommendation of the CDC, face coverings will be required.
- People must social distance at all times.
- Physical contact of any kind is not permitted. This includes, hugging, shaking hands, etc.
- Please do not come to the center if you are feeling ill. Signs and symptoms of COVID-19 are:
- Cough, shortness of breath, fever or chills, muscle or body aches, vomiting or diarrhea, new loss of taste or smell.
- Coffee and donuts will no longer be available at the senior center. People are asked to bring in their own beverages and not to bring in anything to share with others.