The city website has a new look and feel, new content and a new friendliness for mobile devices.
Check out the new www.smwi.org now!
The site gets you more quickly to the information you need, and makes us easier to do business with. It also better tells our story as a community and what makes South Milwaukee, South Milwaukee.
Among the changes:
- Easier one-click access to news, resources and other key information;
- An intuitive (and working) search function;
- A consistent look and feel across departments;
- Mobile friendliness; and
- The move to a platform that makes it easier to take online payments and fill out online forms. We’ve added the ability to take payments for Street Department special pick-ups, to start. The Boards & Commissions volunteer application is example of the forms we’re digitizing.
- We’ve also added a more robust South Milwaukee history story, authored by the South Milwaukee Historical Society, with contributions from the South Milwaukee Industrial Museum. Check it out here.
The site is an evolution, and more upgrades are coming. Please let us know what you think, and how we can improve the online experience.
We are committed to improving how we communicate with our residents, investing to better tell the unique story of South Milwaukee.
And with the launch of the new site, the introduction of our new “Bridges” magazine earlier this year, the SM Works app and reporting system, and our expanded social presence (including a city Facebook page that has blown past 5,200 likes), we are bringing that commitment to life.