You can now vote at South Milwaukee City Hall, through Friday, March 31.
Here is a sample ballot for the 2023 spring election, featuring contested races South Milwaukee School Board, Wisconsin Court of Appeals and the Wisconsin Supreme Court. There are also four referendum measures related to parole, bail, welfare benefits and abortion.
My recommendations? I support Patrick Hintz, Augie Vega and Nathan Jurowski for South Milwaukee School Board, as well as Janet Protasiewicz for Supreme Court and Sara Geenen for Appeals Court.
South Milwaukee Mayor Jim Shelenske is running unopposed for a three-year term.
Election Day is Tuesday, April 4.
From the city website …
Anyone planning on being out of town or unable to make it to the polling place on election day can cast an absentee ballot in the Clerk’s office, or request a ballot in writing up until the Thursday before an election. Absentee voting will be conducted in the clerk’s office the two weeks prior to an election.
2023 Spring Election Important Dates
- March 30th – 5:00 PM – Last day for regular and overseas electors to request absentee ballots by mail.
- March 31st – 5:00 PM – Last day to register to vote in the Clerk’s Office.
- March 31st – 5:00 PM – Last day for In-Person Absentee voting in the Clerk’s Office.
- March 31st – 5:00 PM – Last day for indefinitely confined electors and military electors to request an absentee ballot by mail and hospitalized voter.
In-Person Absentee Voting
- Tuesday, March 21st – Friday, March 24th – 7:30 AM – 4:00 PM
- Monday, March 27th – Thursday, March 30th – 7:30 AM – 4:00 PM
- Friday, March 31st – 7:30 AM – 5:00 PM
Note: There is no absentee voting or voter registration on the Monday prior to election day.