Saturday is one of my favorite days of the year: South Milwaukee Little League Opening Day.
The festivities start with a parade at noon. It leaves from 12th Milwaukee, heads east on Milwaukee to Ninth, then south to Drexel, then east into Little League Park.
Quick aside: How many communities actually have a parade like this? To me, it’s one of the things that makes South Milwaukee special.
Brief opening day ceremonies follow for the parade. Then there’s a full slate of games.
- 1:00 Golden Arches vs. Big Macs
- 2:00 Red Sox vs. Yankees
- 4:00 Braves vs. Brewers
- 1:00 McFlurries vs. Cheeseburgers
- 2:00 White Sox vs. Phillies
- 4:00 Mets vs. Pirates
- 1:00 Small Fries vs. McMuffins
- 2:00 Diamondbacks vs. Blue Jays
- 4:00 Astros vs. Tigers