To My South Milwaukee Neighbors,
It’s been an honor serving as your mayor since 2014. I humbly ask for your vote on April 7, 2020, as I seek another term leading our city forward.
We’ve made great progress since I was first elected, responsibly investing in critical areas. And that will not change in my third term, as we lean into the same priorities …
- Invest in Economic Development: We’re bringing new businesses into the city, and proactively bringing new tools, incentives and partnerships to the table, to do even more.
- Invest in Downtown: We have to start here, and we’re taking concrete actions to breathe new life into our city center and ensure its long-term success.
- Invest in the Oak Creek Watershed: We’re working with public and private partners to renew the Oak Creek watershed, planning to work, and soon working the plan for long-overdue environmental, ecological and recreational improvements.
- Invest in Technology and Efficiency: We’re making our government more efficient, becoming easier to do business with, and improving how we deliver the first-class services you have come to expect from us.
- Invest in Public Safety and Health: We’re finding new ways, and new partners, to deliver these critical services, and we’re seeing results. Crime is down. Service is up. And we’re safer and healthier because of it.
- Invest in Partnerships and Advocacy: We can’t do this alone, and we’re always seeking new and better ways to work with our neighboring communities, schools, Milwaukee County, businesses, and nonprofits.
- Invest in Communication: We’re sharing important information more frequently and in new ways, and better telling our story with residents, visitors and business owners.
- Invest in Infrastructure: Clean water. Roads. Beautification. Urban forestry, and more. We’re driving significant, critical and often long-overdue capital projects.
We’re doing this all as responsible stewards of your money, living out our commitment every day to keep expenditures under control and taxes as low as possible.
I need your help as we continue to build on this momentum.
The general election is April 7. As that date approaches, please take a few minutes to learn more about me, the campaign, the progress we have made, and, most importantly, a vision for our promising future that both builds on our successes and reflects on the lessons we’ve learned.
I am excited for the future of this city, and I ask you to join me in continuing to shape that future in April.
We’re stronger, together. And we’re not done yet.